Get Instant Heartburn Relief NowGastroesophageal reflux disease or better known as GERD , is now very common throughout the world because of the many changes in people's diet and lifestyles. When the lower esophageal sphincter, or LES, fails to protect the esophagus from the acids in the stomach, acid reflux occurs.
The LES is the mechanical protection that is to prevent acid from moving up into the esophagus. For the most part, the LES does an excellent job in keeping the esophagus clear of stomach contents.
During the odd times that it does fail to do its job properly, stomach acid can move up into the esophagus causing a potentially painful occurance called heartburn that can take place. You may also want to check out our collection of tips and advice if you have ongoing chronic episodes of acid reflux yourself. We will also be sharing with you a very special solution to GERD at the end of the discussion.
1. If during your sleep or early in the morning you experience heartburn, it is possible that the malfunction of your LES occurs in the middle of the night. You can reduce the possible upward movement of the stomach acids by increasing the height of your pillow area.
You may want to place wooden blocks under the cushion of your bed instead of using additional pillows. The installation of these blocks will permanently change the angle of your bed, and should help stop the late night and early morning refluxes that can be so painful and uncomfortable.
2. Avoid wearing tight pants and belts if your waistline is 40 inches and above. Excess fat deposits in the abdominal area exert additional pressure on the stomach area and the surrounding organs.
If you wear tight pants, more pressure is added, and this can potentially trigger more frequent episodes of acid reflux. Try using suspenders for your pants if they are loose, or consider having them tailored so you won't need to wear belts or suspenders to keep them up.
3. It has been medically proven that tobacco smoke causes the LES to malfunction. A continually malfunctioning LES can really make your life unbearable, because heartburn will become more and more frequent the more you continue to smoke.
4. The older generations were correct when they adviced young people to eat more slowly and chew their food thouroughly. Doctors have established a strong connection between how fast a person eats and the frequent incidence of GERD. People who eat extremely fast quite often suffer from more frequent acid reflux.
5. A reccommendation would be to record in a notebook the specific foods and different beverages that you are eating and drinking on a daily basis. When the occurrance of GERD is triggered, you can then easily refer to your notes to see what foods may have triggered your episode. Knowing what foods and or beverages that sets off you GERD is necessary for long-term management of this condition.
If you are sick and tired of quessing and wondering what to do when it comes to GERD, we have found a great solution that will tremendously help you in the managaement of this problem now and in the future.
The Heartburn No More Success System is a complete, holistic system for naturally remedying GERD and its frequent symptoms. With this system, you will gain the knowledge you need to know about what triggers acid reflux and how to stop the symptoms without having to rely on prescription medication for relief.